CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

13 Weeks Prego! Belly Pic!


13 weeks! Baby K is now about 2 1/2 inches to 3 inches long and weighs about 1/2 and 3/4 ounce. Fingerprints have formed on our baby's tiny fingertips, her/ his veins and organs are clearly visible through her/his still-thin skin, and her/his body is starting to catch up with her/his head — which makes up just a third of her/his body size now. If we are having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Crazy right?!

I am doing well, better every day! The queasiness is starting to be less and less every day unless its been a few hours since I last ate. Only real cravings now is sleep! I found that quick little 20 minute power naps work best, although life and family don't always allow it!

Only complaints this week is that I continue to get pain in my chest on the right side, just under my breast. I had the same EXACT pain in the same EXACT location with Shaylee- I remember because it was so constant and last almost the entire pregnancy. Still have no idea what it is, I just know that I am not looking forward to it nagging me daily for the next several months. It feels like something under the skin is getting hard and then when you touch this area it is painful, like pressing on a bruise. I used to think it was Shaylee pushing up, since it was most painful after I could feel her moving- with this pregnancy, its occurring a lot sooner. And I can completely rule out the theory that its the baby pushing up on that area since he/she after all is no bigger than a peach right now! Placing a small heating pad on the area relieves the pain mostly, and being horizontal helps so usually right after work, the first thing I do is lay down with my awesome Boppy Total Body Pillow.

A huge milestone is coming up next week- the start of my 2nd trimester! This is super exciting as it means my risk of miscarriage has gone down tremendously! They say the 2nd trimester is the best as the early pregnancy symptoms such as morning sickness have nearly faded and the aches and pains of the final stretches of pregnancy have not yet set in. Bring on the 2nd trimester!

No comments: