CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Good Things Come to Those Who Wait

Today I had an OB/GYN appointment checkup. My appointment, made about four weeks ago was suppose to be at 3:50pm, and they requested I be there at 3:40. So naturally, I got there around 3:25. Checked in. Grabbed a magazine. And waited. Read a chapter in one of my baby books. And waited. Watched an entire episode of some game show. And waited. Watched over half of today's Oprah episode. And waited.

At 4:53pm I finally got up and asked the receptionist if she could check how much longer the doctor was going to be as I had already been waiting for over an hour and had to make arrangements with my grandmother to watch Shaylee longer than expected. I kept my cool, even though I was irate. I HATE when you have an appointment and are still kept waiting, and this was the longest I have ever waited for an appointment ever. Nils was also losing patience, despite having a new Game Informer magazine to thumb through. The receptionist checked and said someone would be with me in a minute...and true to her word, about a minute later, a nurse came in, apologizing like crazy.

She stated it was completely her fault, she thought I was getting an ultrasound and was waiting for me to come out. They just went to electronic record system and this was only the second day so things were chaotic and everyone was still trying to get used to it all. I understood, I know what its like when you have to rely on computers.

 In fact, the nurse and even the doctor were so apologetic that they offered me three free 4D ultrasounds (like over a $300 value!) for the inconvenience! Suddenly that wait didn't seem that long at all! And after getting a quick urine sample, my blood pressure, and a quick listen to our baby's heartbeat (healthy, loud and strong!) we were out the door with a 4D ultrasound set up for me at 16 weeks, 26 weeks and again at 34 weeks! For free! I guess patience does pay off and good things come to those who wait!

P.S- I weighed in at 159 lbs, which means I have gained 9 pounds in 12 weeks, since getting pregnant; and three pounds since my last appointment 4 weeks ago. They suggest I aim for no more than 25 lbs, 30 max. I gained about 35-40 with Shaylee.

1 comment:

Neabear said...

I guess we have to watch the cravings, huh? I am glad they gave you some compensation for having to wait so long. Now it is not so bad since you will get 3 FREE ultrasounds. That was nice of them to do that for you.

Sounds like things are going well otherwise.

Love you bunches,

~Neamom