CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend 2010- Day 3

The final day of my three day weekend was spent with Shaylee. I took her to this pottery painting place here in town called Get Your Paint On. You pick a piece of unfinished pottery or a figurine, pick your paint colors, and have a blast painting. Then you leave the items there to be fired in the kiln and they call you when they are ready to be picked up. Nils and I had a date here once before and really enjoyed ourselves and as interested in art as Shaylee is, I just knew she'd love it too.

I had already pre-purchased a dragon figurine for the new baby at the last Girls Night Out that I attended at Get Your Paint On, so I got to paint it finally. Shaylee chose to paint a Disney's The Little Mermaid, Ariel, figurine. I helped her pick all the right colors and she went to town!

 I was amazed that she paid such close attention to the details of the piece, knowing what needed to be colored each color. Most three year olds would just slop the paint on where ever, but Shaylee took great care to be sure that Ariel's hair was red, her skin was flesh tone, her top was purple, and Flounder, her fish, was yellow.



I can't wait to pick them up and see what they look like all finished! We had such fun, and Shaylee was sooooo good that I hope to do this again with her real soon. She already has a list of the other pieces she wants to paint, as do I!

No comments: