CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 14, 2008

Vicks on Your Feet for Colds?

This whole week Shaylee has had a cold. Runny nose, some coughing, congestion, the works. So then my mom tells me that about 10 people at her work suggested to get over a cold to put Vicks and socks on your feet overnight to get rid of a cold. What?! Vicks on your feet for a cold?!

Weird.

But then again I was told that orange Gatorade (no flavor substitutions) and original Lays potato chips (no substitutions) cured nausea. Someone my mom knows husband had to go thru chemo and that's what they suggested. The last time I had a hangover (hehe) I tried it out. Hey, if it worked for chemo it had to work for overindulgence of vodka, grenadine, and Sprite! And it worked! I couldn't believe it! Jot that down.

So maybe Vicks and socks on your feet overnight for a cold really isn't that strange at all. I will have to try it out. It can't hurt and I definitely would like to avoid calling Shaylee's Kindermusik teacher to tell her we can't come to class tomorrow because Shaylee is too sick.

Oh and today Shaylee used up all her nasal decongestant on her baby doll so how her baby doll is "oll better!"

2 comments:

Neabear said...

I have heard of this too. I also use Vicks for rashes. I have gotten rid of them that way too. Also supposed to be good for toenail fungus as well. Won't hurt to try. I think Sara tried this for her cold once. Have to ask her if it worked.

Neabear said...

Just out of curiosity, I can't tell if you read my blogs or not since I don't get many comments from you. I am hoping you will comment now and then so I know that you know what is going on with us. LOL! Don't know if that made sense. Also have you seen the cute video of Shaylee's new cousin Jeremiah?