CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Shaylee's First Pumpkin Carving

Wow, it finally feels like autumn here in Florida. Yesterday was our first chilly day! A whooping 68 degree high and a 48 degree low- can you believe that?! Which means last night was the perfect night to get into the autumn spirit and carve that pumpkin that has been sitting on our dining room table for over a week! Nils had to work so Shaylee, my mom and I scrapped out the pumpkin, separated the seeds, and made roasted pumpkin seeds while he was gone. Shaylee thought it was hilarious when every time she reached in to pull out another glob of pumpkin guts, we exclaimed "ewww!" Nils and I carved the pumpkin into a cute spider design after she went to bed and showed it off to her this morning. She got a big smile on her face so I think we did pretty good!


Not bad, huh? My camera has a night vision feature which turned out to be perfect to get these shots of the finished product. Boo!

1 comment:

Neabear said...

That is a really cool looking pumpkin there. Awesome job Nils did carving it. The pictures of Shaylee enjoying cleaning out the pumpkin are so cute. Have I boo-ed you yet. Come visit me and see what you get. Are you scared yet?