CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Disney Dilemma Solved

Last night I was not able to fall asleep till almost 3 am with a major Disney dilemma on my mind. The problem was that Shaylee always wakes up around 1 or 2 in the morning for a "warm milk". Its been one of those things we just haven't been able to break her of since she was a newborn (she has always woken around that time for a feeding). Well, our hotel room does not have a microwave or fridge which will make getting her a warm milk at 2 am impossible (and I really doubt that our resort will have room service available that late anyhow). So what on earth would we do?! We can't deny her of her warm milk- we have tried in the past and it ain't pretty. She would cry for it then throw a fit and the more of a fit she throws, the more she wakes herself up, and then the more impossible it is to get her back to sleep. I doubt I can wean her from this in a week and I don't want to be that family next door to other residents in the resort with the screaming toddler. I thought long and hard..... and came up with a baby bottle warmer! So I picked one up from Target this afternoon and am going to test it out tonight. I just need to keep a cup of milk on ice in our little portable cooler until its ready to be heated. I think that might solve the Disney dilemma!

2 comments:

Archer said...

That's very good. I'm glad that you were able to figure something out. My suggestion would have been to call the hotel and see if they have like a little store that's open all night for milk and the like. Then to ask if they have a microwave available to guests in the lobby area. If they do, then that could solve your problem as well. But your idea sounds like it will work well also. Good luck!

Neabear said...

Yay! You found a solution! Bet you guys are super excited!