CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 13, 2009

Busy Day: Funeral Preperations

Today was a busy day. I had to go to JoAnn Fabrics to buy a black ribbon sash for Shaylee's taupe dress that she will be wearing to the funeral; and to Babies R Us to buy black tights to complete her outfit (I already bought her a black hairbow and she had black maryjanes so she is set). I bought Nils a nice black dress shirt on Wednesday to wear with a pair of dress khakis and he has black loafers so he will look very nice. I am wearing a black and white blouse with black trousers and heels, paired with pearl accessories. I think its the classiest outfit I own and will be appropriate.

We also had to get the ingredients for the Guiness BBQ Little Smokies recipe I am making as an appetizer for the get together after the funeral. I will be posting this recipe later. I tend to adjust recipes and doctor up the ones I find online so I will post it once I know how much of what I am putting in there. I think it will be really tasty- I am using real Guiness beer too!

Tonight we will be having dinner at my aunt Tina's. My dad has a cousin that is coming down for the funeral so its a good chance for all the family to get together before the funeral. I had the pictures of my grandfather dancing with my neighbor (see last post) printed up as the family is putting together a college to display at the funeral as well. I think from the description, it will be really nice.

1 comment:

Neabear said...

Sounds like you are getting well prepared. Hope it goes okay without any hassles from your grandmother.