CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Crock pot Beef Casserole

Today starts day 1 of my new diet and exercise regimen (click here to connect to that blog) and I did really good so far! For dinner I made a recipe from a frugal mom website and it was de-lish! We are definitely adding it to our book of Laufer Family Favorites!

Crock pot Beef Casserole

519 calories/2o.6 grams fat/3 grams fiber= 11 WW points (so filling, you could eat half of this!)
  • 2 lbs beef chuck short ribs (cut into stew meat sized bits- about 1 inch pieces)
  • 1 envelope onion soup mix
  • 10 1/2 oz can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 cup red cooking wine
Combine all ingredients in crock pot. Stir together well. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 5-6 hours. Serve over egg noodles (used 1/2 bag, 8 oz dry).
Serves 6

2 comments:

Neabear said...

This does sound good! The good thing about it being filling, we won't want to eat as much. LOL!

Archer said...

That does sound delish! I'll have to look into maybe making that myself. Although I would also need to get a crock pot as I do not currently have one. :)