CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Shaylee's 1st Day at Sunday School and Her New Bed

Today was Shaylee and my first day at our new church- New Day Christian Church. We arrived and Shaylee immediately took to the other children in the children's area. So well in fact that she barely noticed me so I, with a deep breath, asked her if I could go or if she needed me to stay. Surprisingly she said I could go so I kissed and hugged her and attended the service.

The service was really relaxed. They sung contempary Christian songs and have the lyrics on TVs, kinda like karoke. I amazed myself at how I seemed to know all the words and melodies even though I had never heard some of them (some I heard on a CD infomerical). I really felt at ease...a little emotional even. I found myself a little choked up at the pastor speaking. I even knew a few girls from high school that attend.

After the 1 1/2 hr service I picked up Shaylee from the "New Bees" class. The woman who was supervising the room, also a girl I knew from highschool, said Shaylee had a little meltdown about 30 to 45 minutes after I left but after offering a snack of pretzels, she soon calmed down. I was relieved. This was the first time Shaylee has EVER been left with someone that wasn't a relative. Ever. It was a very big step for her- and a good experience to prepare her for preschool. I have decided to take her every Sunday we are able.

After dropping her off at GG's for the afternoon, I purchased her new big girl bed. She has previously had her crib mattress on the floor but I was getting tired of the amount of pet hari that gathered around it and felt Shaylee would probably sleep better if she was elevated off the floor more. So I rearranged our bedroom to accomadate the new toddler bed which involed a major cleaning project of our closet.

I even bought some Disney Princess sheets and a pretty pink blanket to go with it. So we are hoping the novelty of having a new bed with special princess bedding will promote Shaylee to sleeping on her own instead of with us. Two and a half hours later, I finally had it build, made and ready to surprise her. She is such a big girl now!

1 comment:

Neabear said...

I am glad you found a church you where you can be comfortable. Sounds like Shaylee did pretty good there in the class. That is great. The first time is always hard. Her bed turned out cute. I hope she is successful sleeping in her own space now.