CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 13, 2010

I AM PREGNANT!!!!!

What a joyous day! I AM PREGNANT! I took my first pregnancy this morning and low and behold- it’s positive! Two pink lines! Since the second line was so very faint, I even took a different brand, digital pregnancy test, just to be safe, in case I was incorrectly reading the test results. No misreading here- I am pregnant!


We broke the news to Shaylee first. For the past month, we have talked to her about ‘when she becomes a big sister’ and about how the baby is going to sleep in the crib in her room that we have already set up, and how she is going to have to sleep in her own bed in the room with the baby, and how she is going to have to give up the pacifier since she is going to be a BIG sister. She happily chatters away about what she is going to do with her new baby brother or sister (she is very convinced that we are going to let her tote the baby around like one of her dolls, LOL). So, we wanted her to be a big part in all that was happening when we found out we would be expecting. On our drive to the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure event we proudly told Shaylee. We explained that Mommy was pregnant and she was going to be a big sister. Our conversation went something like this:

Me: “Guess what? Mommy is pregnant! You are gonna be a big sister!”

Nils: “Mommy is gonna have a baby!”

Shaylee, with her eyes lighting up: “You are?!”

Me: “Yup.”

Shaylee: “It’s in your tummy?”

Me: “Yup.”

Shaylee: “I can’t see it.”

Me: “That’s because it’s really, really tiny but as it grows my belly is going to get bigger until it’s time to have the baby”

Shaylee: “Right now?”

Nils and I in unison, chuckling: “No, no, no. Not yet.”

Me: “In nine months. I will make you a special calendar so we can see when its time.”

Shaylee, after brief pause: “Ok. Can we go to the playground now?”

1 comment:

Neabear said...

Cute conversation with Shaylee! I had to laugh at her last line about going to the playground.